Monday, December 21, 2015

What Should I Tell My Toddler About Santa?

The Seesaw for The Jewish Daily Forward    

We are heading up to my in-laws for Christmas this year. (My husband is half Jewish; his family isn’t religious and Christmas is Jesus-free for them.) This isn’t my son’s first Christmas with them, but it’s the first time he will really get what is going on. He is three.

I’ve been following the advice to present Christmas as something that Grandma and Grandpa celebrate and that we will be joining them for, like a birthday, and he seems to kind of get it. But I’ve found myself stuck on how to talk about Santa. My son has cousins, 4 and 6, and they believe in Santa. I don’t want him to ruin it for them and therefore don’t plan on telling him that there is no such thing, but I am also not comfortable with him getting all excited about Santa. What should I do?

Continue reading.

Follow us on   

No comments:

Post a Comment