Monday, January 18, 2016

Our Jewish Catholic Mexican American Newborn

by Anna Keller. This article has been reprinted with permission from InterfaithFamily.com

I grew up in an Orthodox Jewish neighborhood in Brooklyn, NY. My parents were liberals who met in the theatre where they had been professional actors. My father was a Brooklyn boy, born and raised in Crown Heights. My mother, a Baltimore native who said she always wanted to marry a Brooklyn boy, and so she did. They moved to Midwood, a Jewish neighborhood in Brooklyn. They wanted to be close to my Grandmother and to buy a house and to teach their children my brother and I the importance of our Jewish heritage. My father wanted us to always remember where we came from.

Continue reading.

Follow us on   


No comments:

Post a Comment