Monday, January 5, 2015

Why Can't Our Trip to Israel Be Jewish?

From the Seesaw at The Jewish Daily Forward

I Want My Trip to Israel to Be a Distinctly Jewish Experience


I’m a spiritual but not exactly religious Jew with a strong cultural Jewish identity. My husband is a spiritual man too, who was raised Catholic but practices it no more. We have never been to Israel and are currently looking into different tour options and have found ourselves in disagreement. I want to go on something geared towards Jews, because this is a unique opportunity for me to fully immerse myself in Jewish life, from ritual to history to food. He wants to take an interfaith tour that would show us the Christian sites too. Seesaw, we have traveled around Europe and Latin America and visited so many churches and cathedrals and pilgrimage sites together. Is it really asking so much that this time we have a distinctly Jewish experience? —Journeying to the Jewish Home

Continue reading.


Follow us on   

No comments:

Post a Comment