Monday, September 1, 2014

My Son's Curious About God and My Wife Doesn't Believe

From The Seesaw in The Jewish Daily Forward

Asking About GodOur Boy Is Starting to Ask the Big Questions


I’m a Jewish man married to a non-Jewish, not at all religious woman. I believe in God and she doesn’t. Our 5-year-old is starting to ask the big questions about what God is and whether we believe and we now feel like we have to get our story straight on this whole God thing, but don’t know where to start. Should we explain to him that we have different point of views and just be honest? Or, my wife’s idea, should we come up with one answer that is less about us and more abstract and inclusive? If the latter, any ideas? She says she doesn’t want her lack of belief to get in the way with his potential for belief. Help.

Continue reading.


Follow us on    page.


No comments:

Post a Comment